Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Being so far out

This guest post from Doris Dillon
Living out here in the country has always been a dream of mine and now it’s finally realized. I bought some land out here in Texas and I’ve built my dreamhouse – I guess I just never thought it could be that easy! I’m living out here now all by myself with the exception of Ranger, my goldendoodle, and we’re really, really happy. We have a small veggie garden out back where we grow a lot of what we eat and I’ve been able to start painting again since it’s so quiet out here. I love being able to get creative! I went to http://www.allhomesecurity.com/adt-security/Arizona/P/Phoenix/ when we first moved in since it was a little creepy, if we’re being honest, since I could hear every rustle and noise going through the desert. I also had to install a water well since water is a precious commodity out here and those vegetables wouldn’t water themselves! I think we’re pretty well set up now, though, and we’re probably going to be here for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment